The Church of St. Joseph, Rosemount, Minnesota
Position title: Director of Lifelong Faith Formation
FLSA: Exempt – Learned Professional
Reports to: Parish Director Receives work direction from: Pastor
Direct Reports: Sunday School Coordinator, Youth Expo Coordinator
Provides work direction to: Administrative Assistance / Office Operations, Volunteers
Resource person to: Lifelong Faith Formation Commission, Committees and School faith formation teachers
Schedule/ benefits: 40+ hours per week 12 months per year, with benefits. Schedule will vary significantly in response to parish and school calendar needs, leadership, committee and project needs. This will also include some weekend and evening work.
Position Purpose: To ensure quality Catholic education opportunities for all parishioners, provide direction for all school teachers teaching religious education, communicate regularly with all parish families, being familiar with all areas of education, promoting the directives of the parish mission statement and the school mission statement. Preparing all participants to affectively receive the sacraments of first holy communion, first reconciliation and confirmation. Direct the Sunday School and Preschool catechesis programs.
* Employment in and by the Church is substantially different from secular employment. Church employees must conduct themselves in a manner which is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the Church. Their public behavior must not violate the faith, morals or laws of the Church or the Archdiocese, such that it can embarrass the church or give rise to scandal. It is required that this employee be an active, participating Roman Catholic.
Representative Responsibilities (additional information in the detailed job description):
*1. Be present where and when needed
*2. Lead in creating a productive, harmonious environment, promoting good morale, affective communications and an engaging and uplifting feeling.
*4. Program Management
*5. Financial Management
*6. Supervision Human Resources
*7. Communications and Marketing
*8. General Management
*9. Effective Team Member
1) Active practicing Catholic.
2) Bachelor’s degree in a related field required; Master’s degree in related field preferred
3) Proven experience in faith formation
4) Strong personal commitment to Catholic education.
5) Demonstrated ability to remain calm and patient in chaotic situations.
6) Demonstrated history of implementing a Catholic value system throughout the parish
7) Demonstrated leadership skills.
8) Demonstrated strong oral and written communication and organizational skills.
9) Possess knowledge of Roman Catholic Doctrine.
10) Successfully complete the required background checks.
11) Strong interpersonal skills that will build effective relationships with parish staff, parish leaders, parish members and other key parish stakeholders
12) Ability and desire to work in a collaborative, team-based work environment
13) Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and work assignments at the same time
14) Ability to identify and maintain strict confidentiality when required
15) Demonstrated experience in maintaining and improving current skills through networking, research and educational opportunities
16) Experience and ability in recruiting and coordinating volunteers
17) Ability to anticipate and manage the faith formation needs of a growing parish
18) Knowledge and experience with social media resources
19) Knowledge and experience with computer software including use of spreadsheet, word processing, presentation, and data base management software
For mental and physical requirements - see detailed job description for more information.
Click here for a detailed Job Description
Send letter of introduction and resume to Maggie.Roth@stjosephcommunity.org .