Discover! Finding Faith in Life
St. Joseph Community uses the Discover! curriculum by St. Mary's Press. Discover! is a Bible based program in which children dive into Bible stories, connect them with Catholicism, and are called into action to live out the faith every week! Discover! uses the "Catholic Children's Bible" as it's primary "textbook" and supplements with age appropriate worksheets, activities and much more! Each child receives their very own Bible and a fun bag to carry their materials to and from church every week.
Elementary Program Highlights
- Discover! Curriculum by St. Mary's Press (Published 2019)
- Meets on Wednesday Evenings
- 2 In Person Small Group Time Options: 4:15pm - 5:15pm OR 5:30pm - 6:30pm
- Home Taught Option available! (Materials provided to families to complete the lessons at home on their own time and at their own pace)
- Virtual lesson platform available (20 minutes per lesson - great if you miss a class, want to review the lesson at home, or need extra support for doing the home taught model)
- 1st Wednesday of each month will be a Family Formation Night from 6:30p-7:30pm with guest speakers in the church for the whole family (this in place of the regular small group class)
Stay tuned for the 2021-2022 schedule to be posted. We typically begin mid-September and wrap up in early/mid-May.
Child with Special Needs?
Do you have a child with special needs looking to be in Faith Formation, but you're unsure if a traditional program is the best fit? Please connect with us to discuss options. Every person is unique and we want to work with you and your family to determine the best way for them to grow in faith. Contact Kayla.Rooney@stjosephcommunity.org or 651-313-8464 to begin the discussion.